All resumes should be submitted to: email@example.com
Job title: Staff Therapist
Department: Mental Health Services
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor
Basic Function: Provide clinical services, including but not limited to: assessment, plan development, individual, family and/or group therapy, crisis intervention, case management, mental health rehabilitation services, collateral/case conference services and any other programs and services developed by CPI.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an active client caseload.
• Adhere to ethical and legal standards of practice.
• Maintain appropriate licensure or registration.
• Maintain a pro-work, positive attitude and flexible approach to client care.
• Generate accurate and clinically sound documentation.
• Provide appropriate, quality mental health services.
• Provide reports to Clinical Supervisor, CPI management, DSS or attorneys regarding client progress and recommendations as needed.
• Complete services, documentation, letters and reports in a timely manner and according to CPI, MHP and Medi-Cal requirements and standards.
• If not independently licensed, a staff therapist must obtain Clinical Supervisor approval for letters, faxes, electronic transmissions or verbal communication regarding clients before sending or giving such information.
• If not independently licensed, a staff therapist must participate in regular individual and/or group supervision.
• Communicate with Clinical Supervisor in a timely fashion when appropriate for supervision, direction, questions, or concerns.
• Accept direction from Clinical Supervisor.
• Advocate for assigned clients as needed.
• Provide client-centered, community-based services when needed to meet the needs of clients and families.
• Travel as necessary to meet client needs.
• Adhere to all CPI Policies and Procedures.
• Other assigned duties or programs as developed by CPI
Experience: A strong candidate for this position has experience in treatment of children, adolescents and adults using a variety of theoretical perspectives and treatment modalities including cognitive and behavioral intervention. Experience in intake interviews, clinical assessment, DSM-V diagnosis, development of plans of care, individual, group and family therapy, collateral services and crisis intervention. Experience in treatment of a variety of ethnicities and cultures, such as Latino and African-American with sensitivity to cultural issues and populations with special needs. Experience in group therapy for targeted problems, such as anger management, substance abuse, etc.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or Master’s Degree in Marriage & Family Therapy from an accredited institution.
• Possess a valid California Clinical Social Work License or MFT License or are in the process of becoming licensed or be licensed with the Board of Psychology .
• Must be credentialed by Fresno County Managed Health Plan (MHP). If licensed, or within 30 days of obtaining license, you must provide proof of individual malpractice insurance coverage that meets MHP standards. You are also required to provide timely proof of maintenance of malpractice insurance, changes in carrier, etc. Once licensed, malpractice insurance coverage must be continuous to meet MHP standards. Malpractice insurance must cover any unlicensed staff working under licensed staff.
• Crisis Prevention Institute training or willingness to obtain such training. Proof of background check and criminal record check encompassing both the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
• Excellent Organizational, Oral & Written Communication (Specifically: in providing written documentation of clinical services provided)
• Ability to maintain client confidentiality at all times, in all circumstances
• Diplomatic and Professional Demeanor